Summer is over (not that it really feels like it lately here on the Gold Coast!), and we are slowly creeping into the winter months, which is cold and flu season. As that approaches, you are best to be armed with all the most natural and holistic helpers available, one of them being magical essential oils. Pure 100% Essential Oils will not contain any synthetic chemicals and work with the amazing healing properties that have been used for thousands of years just like Mother Nature intended.
Please contact me if you want more information on the amazing benefits of Essential Oils and how you can start incorporating them into your life. The list below is a beautiful list of Essentials that will help you through your cold and flu seasons. Can be used for inhaling, diffusers, massage, baths, moisturisers, body washes, lotions etc. Always use a carrier oil for topical use, such a fractionated coconut, almond, jojoba, olive oil etc.
1. Oregano – Antiviral and antibacterial, this essential oil helps boost the immune system and is perfect for combating infections. You can even use it to make a natural hand sanitizer.
2. Thyme – If your immune system needs a boost (or your liver needs a detox), turn to thyme oil. This oil also has antiseptic properties, and can be used to stimulate circulation in those with sports injuries, pains and strains.
3. Eucalyptus – This antiseptic and antibacterial oil is often found in cough drops and ointments (if you’ve ever used VapoRub, you’ve smelled it). Eucalyptus essential oil stimulates the immune system and combats inflammation in the lungs. Great for healing sinus infections.
4. Lime – Lime oil has heaps of uses. It’s antiseptic, antibacterial and antiviral, meaning it will help your immune system fight off germs left and right. It can also be added to natural household cleaners, and is great at removing sticker residue and gum from surfaces.
5. Frankincense – Great for coughs, frankincense oil is said to be a natural remedy for the lungs.
6. Peppermint – Peppermint oil just smells healthy and refreshing! Not only is it great for digestion, it’s beneficial to the respiratory system.
7. Hyssop – Hyssop helps with respiratory infections (like bronchitis) and supports the lungs. If you get chronic bronchitis or just have a pesky cough that won’t go away, try this one out. It’s also said to help with water retention and bruises.
8. Lemon – When you feel ear nose or throat discomfort or swelling in your lymph nodes has you feeling ordinary, rub a little lemon oil (with carrier oil) around your ears and/or lymph nodes to allow them to drain.
9. Clove – Known for its toothache-remedying powers, clove oil is also anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-bacterial.
10. Ginger – If nausea is what’s plaguing you when you are suffering from the sicks, opt for ginger essential oil, which can also soothe flu-related aches and pains.
Happy Healing… xx