Natural Wellness for me, began when I had some massive changes in my life.
I’m now a 40 year old mum. I have a husband and a 4 year old boy. Turn back the clock to about 6 or 7 years ago, my life was more focused on smoking, drinking, late nights, loud music and not giving too many shits about much at all besides a good time!
In 2012 my dad was diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer and that was the instigator for many changes in my life.
Suddenly I was faced with the reality that we aren’t invincible or immortal.
So fast forward to now and I have changed so many aspects of my life. I still love loud music, the occasional late night and I love a vodka or a tequila or six, but life has certainly slowed down to a much more gentle pace. And I now take care of myself and my family in every way possible.
I’ve always followed the advice or naturopaths, acupuncturists, chiropractors and holistic healers. Thanks to my parents, I grew up in a home that focused mainly on alternative medicine and healing, utilising the more Western medicine approach only when necessary.
Essential oils and learning ways to swap out toxic chemicals and synthetically laden products in my home was just the natural next step.
Especially now with a young child in my home, I was even more laser focused on sticking with natural products.
So I am just your average woman/wife/mum. I am a graphic designer. I have a passion for music. I’m a hot blooded Aries.
If I find a that something lights me up on the inside… It becomes a part of me.
If you are keen to touch base, have a chat about how this could help you, to learn more about oils, or this more natural way of living… hit a sister up!
SO WHY ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, and flowers of plants. Used throughout history for their multitude of health benefits, essential oils can be used as natural alternatives in holistic self-care practices. Their unique chemistry allows them to be used aromatically and applied topically to the skin, while other essential oils can be used as dietary aids to promote vitality and well being.
Ways to use Essential Oils Include:
• Apply oil to a cotton ball and place in the air vents of your vehicle •
• Mix oils in a spray bottle with water and mist over furniture, carpet, or linens •
• Add oil to a batch of laundry or to dryer sheets •
• Use in household surface cleaners •
• Apply (diluted – always diluted with a carrier oil) to Neck, Forehead, Temples, Chest, Abdomen, Arms, Legs and Feet •
• Add a few drops of oil to a warm bath •
• Make a hot or cold compress by soaking a towel or cloth in water, adding essential oils, and then applying to the desired area •
• Add oil to a lotion or moisturiser and then apply to skin •
• Use oils in recipes for cooking or baking to replace fresh or dried herbs and spices… For more potent oils, it may be better to administer them by toothpicks (dip the end of a clean toothpick into the oil and then add to the food) rather than drops •
• Add essential oils to water, smoothies, milk, tea, or other drinks •
• Diffusing – with an ultrasonic cold mist diffuser •
• Aromatic dressing and topical application •
• Add to your shampoo or conditioner for super shiny and healthy hair •
• Apply to dog collar or dog tag for gentle diffusing in anxious situations •